Friday, February 8, 2013

Ricotta


Ricotta

Ricotta is very easy to make.  I use the recipe from Cheesemaking.com, except I do not go over 190 degrees.  I bought ricotta molds on the website, they are perfect for a one gallon milk recipe.  The ricotta is so attractive.  

I am always looking for new ways to use ricotta.  I made ricotta ice cream and it is divine.  I didn't bother freezing in the ice cream maker, I just put it in a stainless steel bowl and put it in the freezer for a couple of hours.  Great plain, but you can add things such as chocolate, nuts, or fruit.  Very easy and delicious!  Here is my process:



Ingredients
One recipe of ricotta, 1 cup of cream, 1 cup of powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon of vanilla




Add everything

Process



My favorite consistency

Put into stainless steel bowl and freeze.

Last night I experimented with chocolate!  I heated the cream then poured it over 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips.
Cooled slightly then added to other ingredients.
A Favorite Thing


No comments:

Post a Comment