Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Simple Whole Wheat Bread




Whole Wheat Bread baked on stone cookie sheet
Perfect for sandwiches
  
Simple Whole Wheat Bread 

I have found a new concept in bread-making and my life has changed forever.
It is for very busy people like you.  I first experimented with a fermented dough recipe from Mother Earth News Magazine a couple of years ago.  Then a friend shared the name of a revolutionary bread-making book:
Artisan Bread in Five Minutes A Day. 
I love this concept no kneading, no fretting, and fresh bread always available.

Here is my very easy method:  I use the recipe on page 76
Except I use butter instead of oil and replace the water with whey.  I use a Pampered Chef cookie sheet stone to bake a flat wheat bread for sandwiches.  The wheat berries are Wheat Montana Prairie Gold.



Ingredients




I bought this at Ace Mart, works great.


Wheat Berries




Ground wheat berries



Honey





Yeast sprinkled over wet ingredients



I ADD DRY INGREDIENTS ALL AT ONCE


Note:  I am stirring with a small rubber spatula


Mix until dry ingredients are incorporated

I write the type of dough, time, and date with a sharpie on lid of dough bowls.    Easy



After 2 hours





I like to sprinkle flour to prevent stickiness




Imperfect shaped dough
I use 1/3 of dough


This is the cookie sheet stone I mentioned
I use 2/3 of dough 



Rising inside the oven for one hour

Ready to bake




Flat sandwich bread, I cut it horizontally and toast on a griddle





Baked in a regular loaf pan
A Favorite Thing







No comments:

Post a Comment