Friday, February 1, 2013

Soap-making 102



                                       Soap-making 102


After two days it is time to cut the soap into bars.  We used recycled salad containers for molds and poured the soap into the molds the desired depth of the bars.  If your soap will not come out of the mold, just put it into the freezer.  I accidentally left mine in overnight and it was fine.  I used a butcher knife to cut the bars, but you could use dental floss.  The blade needs to be an even width throughout.  After cutting, the bars need to cure for 30 days before use.  Each side needs to be rotated for even drying each week.  They are very beautiful, I can't wait to try them.  We used no perfumes or fragrances in this recipe.


I love the outline from the recycled salad container mold.




I cut the soap into equal bars.



You pour the soap into the mold the depth you desire.







Lovely!



We set the bars on freezer paper with dates.  Every week I'll rotate sides for even drying.  Great idea to put the recipe name on the paper.  (I forgot)

No comments:

Post a Comment